January 12, 2006

[In The News.] Internet puts privacy on line.

Sony-BMG Music Entertainment surreptitiously places software on consumers' computers. Microsoft closes down a personal blog in China over concerns about potential lost revenue. Other firms trade in people's supposedly private information.

These may look like unconnected events, but each is an example of how private companies are increasingly using technology to intrude upon our lives.
Read more at Here.

--
Posted by IdentityMIA to In The News. at 1/10/2006 07:36:00 PM

Notable Links
Blog of the week.
For Your Entertainment
A hilarious blog. Pithy comments on random photos.
Fuggetaboutit!
The blog of a "47 year old shrinking Italian comedian." I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.
Help, I can't find the bun! This one has to be my favorite. A fictional blog of a woman's trials and triumphs of trying to become pregnant. Very, very funny.
Random Statements
"Bite Sized Pieces Of My Brain. Served Up Piping Hot, (Or Dreadfully Frozen), Daily! :)" I love this blog. The name says it all.