December 16, 2005

[My Story.] The story.

Okay, okay. I'm getting complaints that nobody knows what's going on so, here's a Reader's Digest version of why I am here, why this blog is here, and why I am "Jane Doe by choice, IdentityMIA by nature."

I've had stalking problems for quite some time, more than my fair share. I am a victim of 5 real life stalkers, 3 online stalkers, one of the online stalkers is actually a group.

The gist:

First real life stalker was someone I dated a few years ago. It wasn't anything serious, nor did I think the authorities needed to know. Just a few phone calls. Eventually, the person let go, moved on. That was that.

Second real life stalker was someone I had never met and just ran into at a gas station. He followed me home after I left the gas station, was always coming to my house after that and asking me out. When I denied his advances, he insisted on going postal on my front yard, destroying a couple of rose bushes, tried ripping a tree out of the ground, stuff like that. The police were contacted and he was arrested for destruction of private property. He spent a short time in jail, that was that.

An online person that I used to speak to had some mental problems and I offended him (I won't get into that story) and he threatened to come to my house (Yeah, stupid me, gave him my address a couple years previous this incident.) and rape/kill me. He lived quite far from me so I wasn't too worried. Then, he moved a few hours from me. When I found that out, I contacted the FBI and filed a report, since the threats were still continuing and it constituted interstate stalking/harassment (Hence, contacting the FBI). He then moved around a 30 minute drive from me and I started to become really scared. I spoke with his girlfriend whom I was on okay terms with (She was the reason he moved 30 minutes from me) and she said he wouldn't really do it but she would talk to him. Also, the FBI contacted him and told him to cease contact with me. That was that. This one constitutes an online/real life stalker, in my opinion.

During all this, I was in a great friendship with someone online. He's from another country and we agreed to meet, so he came over and we hung out for awhile. After he left, I broke up with him, and he began eMailing me constantly, following me in chats, signing up for new eMails because I would block known eMails, stuff like that. I do and don't consider him a stalker. I never felt threatened by him, nor did he ever threaten me. I treated it more like a "Lost puppy" case.

I moved out of state and started a new life, new job, new home. The job brought on another stalker who found out where I lived, broke into my apartment, and was caught wearing my clothes while lying in my bed. He was arrested and I never heard from him again.

Another one, I'm not sure where our paths crossed, but he urinated on the door to my apartment, claiming to the cops he was "Marking his territory." He was arrested, as well, and I moved back to my original home.

The online friend and I weren't on speaking terms for awhile. During this time, he started a group to keep a vigilante group in check. I knew nothing about this. I knew pretty much nothing about either group, other than hearing in passing the name of the vigilante group. He meant a lot to me and I valued his friendship so we started talking again a year after we broke up. This is where he told me about his group and the vigilante group. No big deal.

Last year, I met a guy. He left a note on my car with his phone number on it. So, he and I started dating. It was an up and down relationship so I ended it after a couple months. Again, I still wanted to be friends so after a week to let things cool down, I called him and he told me he had a girlfriend, so I ceased contact. He continued to call me, and his girlfriend would get mad that he called me, so she'd call me.

One day in July of this year (2005), I Googled myself. I normally did this in random intervals just to check. Every previous time I've Googled myself, I've come up with nothing so the intervals became greater and greater. But, this time, I hit something. The vigilante group posted my full name, my addresses (Previous and current), my phone numbers, pictures of my house, my car, my license plate, my son. They posted addresses of my mother, brother, and father (Previous and current), phone numbers (Previous and current). I was horrified.

I knew how the vigilante group worked, as my friend told me a lot about what his group was doing, so I was scared, moreso for my son, my family.

This is when I started Mishaps of the Internet. Because most of my stalkers were real life and obviously broke the law, they were easier to deal with. The net, on the other hand, is a bit trickier. Privacy laws are a bit trickier. And the vigilante group had a far greater reach than my real life stalkers.

The way the vigilante group works is "If you're not with us, you're against us." mentality. My friend was "Against them" so, in order to try to stop him, they attacked any obvious target around him, which was me.

I didn't hear from ex or the girlfriend for almost a year. Then, he initiated contact again, telling me he and the girlfriend broke up, he was going into rehab, etc. I took his word on it and was supportive. I started getting calls from his girlfriend again threatening me, calls from him telling me he loves me and she's psychotic.

I was tired of it so I filed Civil Stalking Injunctions against them both. They got married while I was in the process of getting the CSIs. He contested it and it was reduced to a mutual Restraining Order. Apparently, they were suppose to move out of state awhile ago, but, I saw them the other day. That was my ex's big argument in court, "We're moving so I don't see why we have the CSIs/ROs." Right...

This is my story. This is a log of my trials and triumphs.

--
Posted by IdentityMIA to My Story. at 12/16/2005 05:52:00 AM

Notable Links
Blog of the week.
For Your Entertainment
A hilarious blog. Pithy comments on random photos.
Fuggetaboutit!
The blog of a "47 year old shrinking Italian comedian." I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.
Help, I can't find the bun! This one has to be my favorite. A fictional blog of a woman's trials and triumphs of trying to become pregnant. Very, very funny.
Random Statements
"Bite Sized Pieces Of My Brain. Served Up Piping Hot, (Or Dreadfully Frozen), Daily! :)" I love this blog. The name says it all.