December 14, 2005

[My Story.] It took me 20 minutes to think of this title.

I ran around and spoke with two lawyers, each not capable of handling my case, but I didn't know who else to talk to. One told me to contact the Attorney General, which I've already done and got brushed off. The other gave me a number for another lawyer, said he does speeches about technology and privacy online, so he'd be more suited to understand the situation. I called him earlier and left a message asking if he could call me back. We'll see what happens.

The second lawyer told me that I would most likely have to do an ROR, but wasn't 100% sure. I figured I would probably have to. I just want to avoid it as much as possible. LOL.

Everyone I've actually spoken to has no idea about the net, the group, etc. So, I don't think anyone really understands how desperate I am. One officer I spoke to brushed me off when I initially spoke with him, but called me the next day saying he checked out the group and was horrified, but other than that, he had no idea what I had to do.

I just want someone to tell me what I have to do, be it send an ROR, be it take them to civil court, whatever. I'm just tired of not knowing what I need to do, and tired of everyone not knowing what I need to do, and brushing me off as just some neurotic that's taking things too seriously. Blah...

Maybe I am taking it too seriously. But, it's not like my reaction is unwarranted and irrational. Maybe they're just not empathizing. I mean, how would you feel if some violent vigilante group posted your full name, all your addresses (Previous and current), your phone number(s), your entire family's information, pictures of your house, your car, your license plate? Someone tell me I'm insane and I'll check myself into an asylum.
Insanity: Inability to understand the nature and purpose of a punishment to which one has been sentenced.
I don't understand the purpose of my "Punishment".

Maybe I am insane...

--
Posted by IdentityMIA to My Story. at 12/14/2005 01:33:00 AM

Notable Links
Blog of the week.
For Your Entertainment
A hilarious blog. Pithy comments on random photos.
Fuggetaboutit!
The blog of a "47 year old shrinking Italian comedian." I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.
Help, I can't find the bun! This one has to be my favorite. A fictional blog of a woman's trials and triumphs of trying to become pregnant. Very, very funny.
Random Statements
"Bite Sized Pieces Of My Brain. Served Up Piping Hot, (Or Dreadfully Frozen), Daily! :)" I love this blog. The name says it all.