January 22, 2006

[Off Topic.] I'm losing my mind.

I got a letter yesterday from my dad's mother.
Was on the phone a little bit ago with your Father. Right now I am very upset with you. How could you give Censored away? At least you could have let the family no first. I would have taken him. You have no idea what your going to go though in years from now. I hope every little boy you see reminds you that you had a wonderful little Son. I wish you no luck and pray that you will never be able to have another child again. I loved you so much and as far as I was conceded the world was wonderful the day you where born. I am so disappointed in you, if you didn't want the baby why didn't you have an abortion and never had him? I would have thought more of you then what you did. Do you have any idea how your Dad feels or anybody else like me or don't you care? I only hope and pray that Censored is better off with out a Mother like you. I have no words that can say what I really feel about what you did. I told your Dad when I first heard you where going to have a baby, I said don't let her have it she is to young, but he said you would be a good Mother, BOY was he wrong about you. I only hope he disowns you. But being a good Father he won't.
Knowing the source of the letter, I'm not heeding a word of it, but it still hurts.

I was driving home a moment ago, I guess I only turned on my parking lights, and was driving along when I saw a cop parked on the side of the road. I turned on my left turn signal to get on the road that takes me to my house when he turned on his lights. I knew he was coming after me but I didn't know why.

I rolled down my window, turned off my engine, and threw my keys on the dash. "The reason I stopped you is because you didn't have your lights turned on." "Okay." "May I see your license?" "I'd have to reach into the back and grab my jacket. Is that okay?" "Sure." "I'm going to take my seatbelt off to reach back." "Okay."

I treat officers as if I were in prison and had to ask for permission to do anything. I don't want to spook them by reaching somewhere and have them shoot me, so I let them know every little thing I'm going to do.

I show him my license. He asks for my registration. I say that I would have to get into the glove box. "Would you like my insurance as well?" "Everything looks in order here so no. Just make sure you have your lights on, okay?" "Yes. Thank you." "Have a good night." "You too."

Phew. I don't need a ticket right now.

--
Posted by IdentityMIA to Off Topic. at 1/22/2006 05:13:00 PM

Notable Links
Blog of the week.
For Your Entertainment
A hilarious blog. Pithy comments on random photos.
Fuggetaboutit!
The blog of a "47 year old shrinking Italian comedian." I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.
Help, I can't find the bun! This one has to be my favorite. A fictional blog of a woman's trials and triumphs of trying to become pregnant. Very, very funny.
Random Statements
"Bite Sized Pieces Of My Brain. Served Up Piping Hot, (Or Dreadfully Frozen), Daily! :)" I love this blog. The name says it all.