December 17, 2005

[Correspondence] Run Around.

I called the FTC earlier and got a hold of a great guy. I asked if he would be able to help me with COPPA and he said he would do his best. I explained my situation and he put me on hold for a moment. When he got back, he explained he had spoken to a supervisor and that he said it is a violation of COPPA, what the group is doing, but they don't follow through with individual cases, that they take complaints against companies/groups and according to how many there are, that's what determines if they'll file or what.

Meh...

He told me I should speak to an attorney. So, I went to the County's Attorney office and got directed to call the State Bar. I grabbed the Attorney General's number, the State Bar's number, and began making calls.

The AG's office told me to contact the State Bar. I called the State Bar, the automated robot told me that if I continued on the phone a fairly large sum of money would be charged. Fantastic. So, I have to go online and use it.

--
Posted by IdentityMIA to Correspondence at 12/17/2005 04:05:00 AM

Notable Links
Blog of the week.
For Your Entertainment
A hilarious blog. Pithy comments on random photos.
Fuggetaboutit!
The blog of a "47 year old shrinking Italian comedian." I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.
Help, I can't find the bun! This one has to be my favorite. A fictional blog of a woman's trials and triumphs of trying to become pregnant. Very, very funny.
Random Statements
"Bite Sized Pieces Of My Brain. Served Up Piping Hot, (Or Dreadfully Frozen), Daily! :)" I love this blog. The name says it all.