December 17, 2005

[Correspondence] Contact with Ms. R.

Ms. R is a local attorney who practices in the following areas of law: Appellate Practice; Patents; Trademarks; Copyrights; Information and Privacy; Computer Law; Internet Law


Hi, Ms. R.,

I'm not sure if you can help me, and I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time, but I don't know where to turn.

My information, including my addresses (Previous and current), my phone numbers, pictures of my house, my vehicle, my license plate, and my 3 year old son, are up on a vigilante group's website. Also, addresses of members of my family, including military addresses of my brother.

I'm not so much worried about my information. It's the fact that identifying information of my 3 year old son and my family's information is up.

I spoke with the FTC earlier and they informed me that this vigilante group is in violation of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act) but, since they do not prosecute individual cases, they informed me that I should get in touch with an attorney who specializes in Online-Law.

Again, I'm sorry if you're not the one I need to talk to, but I'm at my wits end. I would appreciate greatly any help or direction you could give me.

Thank you, Ms. R., and happy holidays.

~Jane Doe

--
Posted by IdentityMIA to Correspondence at 12/17/2005 04:50:00 AM

Notable Links
Blog of the week.
For Your Entertainment
A hilarious blog. Pithy comments on random photos.
Fuggetaboutit!
The blog of a "47 year old shrinking Italian comedian." I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.
Help, I can't find the bun! This one has to be my favorite. A fictional blog of a woman's trials and triumphs of trying to become pregnant. Very, very funny.
Random Statements
"Bite Sized Pieces Of My Brain. Served Up Piping Hot, (Or Dreadfully Frozen), Daily! :)" I love this blog. The name says it all.